Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What Makes You Happy?

This question was posted the other day in a forum. While it seems like one of the easiest questions to answer, I always hate "Why" questions when they apply to me personally b/c they are hard for me to answer. I think I realized today that it's because I usually have more than one answer, and can't give a single concrete reason. Like Jon asking me a bazillion times "Why do you love me?" My answer for the last 7 years has been...."I just do." And that's it...I just do, but for a ton of little reasons, not just one big one. I'm digressing....so I attempted to answer this and surprised myself when I came up w/ a bunch of little things in just a minute or two. I looked at my list and thought....well those things would make most people happy....and I'm lucky! I've always been a big "It's the little things that count" kind of person, and now I know why: There's a lot more room in your life for a bunch of good little things, than a few big ones!! W/ that said...here's my list of what makes me happy:

My daughter and husband

My dogs

Naps

Reading

Cooking

Travelling

Italian food and red wine, or mexican food and a margarita

The beach

Fall and Spring

Talking to my long distance friends, who I miss like crazy (Tiff and Ang....love you)

Having friends over for dinner (2 or 20!)

Music...especially live.

Doing new things (especially ones that I didn't know if I'd be brave enough to do)

Driving anywhere that's got a good view.

Visiting College Station...especially in the Fall.

Holidays w/ family and food.

Decorating for said holidays!

All the kiddos in our family, especially when they are all together.

My house, b/c no matter how messy it is, or how many things need to be fixed....it's HOME!!

My Sister

I know I could come up w/ so many more things, but the list would be a mile long.

Having too many good things to count is a good thing itself :)

No comments: