Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas

I have to say we had a really great Christmas :) We were in Dallas Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, which is good because I love getting to see the kids open up their gifts at home. Plus, it was our 1st White Christmas! We got several inches of snow Christmas Eve...it was crazy. Then we got to spend a few days in Houston with Dad, Pam, Tiff and Brad. I even got to see my cousin for a few hours and meet his wife and little girl for the first time! This year, we told Ava that she could ask Santa for 3 gifts, because Baby Jesus got 3 gifts, and it was His Birthday, he was sharing it, etc. So, one day, she comes home from school and tells me that I am wrong, Baby Jesus got 4 gifts. When I asked her what she was talking about, she told me that he got the gift of music from the Little Drummer Boy. I tried to argue, and Jon told me that technically, she was right! I totally got schooled by a 3 year old! After laughing my ass off, I explained that Christmas Carols were our gift of music to each other, and that she absolutely did not get to ask for another present. You have to give her credit though ;) I still haven't taken down my tree...that's my least favorite part. I feel like I just put that sucker up. I love decorating, but really, really don't enjoy de-Christmasing my house. Don't get me wrong, I'm over all of the festiveness, I just wish I could bypass the clean-up!



The kids got a special visit from Santa on Christmas Eve!



First candy cane...not too thrilled when I took it away.


Obligatory family photo.


That's alot of snow for Dallas!




She had to go play in what was left the next morning. PJ's and rainboots are perfectly good snow attire...no?



With their sweet cousins at Nana and Papaw's on Christmas Day.



Roasting marshmallows with Grandpa in Houston.




Testing out the new trampoline...thanks Grandpa and Grandma!!

No comments: