Sunday, November 1, 2009

Half Marathon Training: Weeks 5 and 6

Well, this means I'm halfway there. Six weeks down, six more to go! Week five was great, probably the best so far. I was better about my strength training (as in I had a few days where I could barely move...but it was good!), and had a 6 mile run that weekend. I was turtle slow, as usual (I think it took me right at an hour and 5 minutes), but it was one of those really good runs that makes up for crappy ones! My Ipod died about 2 miles in, but even that didn't really mess with me as much as I had anticipated when I turned it on and saw that dreaded low battery signal. Week six was pretty easy, just a couple of 4.5 mile runs during the week (one of which got cut short when I got caught up in a serious rainstorm....I'm talking soaked and whacked in the head with acorns), and 5k over the weekend. The best part was that I managed to fit in several yoga classes over the past two weeks, which was a big goal...I was really missing that. I think my muscles were too. So, mark your calendars people...because six weeks from today I'm going to need all the good luck vibes I can get :)

No comments: