Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ava's "Big Girl" Bathroom

I finally decided, after a year of living in our house, that it was time to get to work on Ava's bathroom. I needed to reclaim mine.....I was tired of stepping on rubber ducks and accidentally using baby shampoo (as good as it smells, it doesn't do much for the fro!). I started this weekend, and ripped down the hideous wallpaper....then re-textured and painted. There were a few other steps in there, but I'll spare you the details. I will, however, give a shout-out to the genius who thought it was a good idea to caulk the wallpaper to the ceiling. It might have peeled off from every other edge in the room, but it most certainly was not going to fall from the ceiling....kudos to you, my friend! I thorougly enjoyed scraping that off with my trusty exacto knife ;) We had to do a few minor repairs....the drain and faucet in the tub was corroded, and Jon tackled that one...plus he took the super ugly sliding glass shower doors off a few weeks ago. I would love to replace the lovely pink toilet and tub, and gold countertop, but those will have to wait. There are a few other cosmetic things that need to be done....those dorm room towel racks have got to go, and there is one stubborn knob that has to come off...it's not ready to part with the room just yet, apparently. Other than that, I'm pretty proud of my handy work....not bad for 5 days, most of which was done during Ava's daily 2 hour nap!! I didn't take any before pics, but if you've been in my house, you know how ugly it was. If not, then trust me....your eyes thank me :)








No comments: