Monday, September 7, 2009

"YOUR HARD WORK IS ABOUT TO PAY OFF"

Or at least it is according to my Panda Express fortune cookie from last night! Reading that completely made me smile 1) because I needed some new motivation and 2) because I always get the WORST fortune cookies. I've never gotten one worth holding onto in my entire life. They are usually beyond cheesy. I'm not only keeping this one, but putting it somewhere that I'll see it every day!
There are some days when telling myself that in just 3 short months I'm actually going to be able to run 13.1 miles doesn't really cut it. Most days the "I think I can, I think I can" mentality gets me through, but others, even the best of pep talks doesn't do the trick.
So far, my biggest accomplishment was my 4 mile run on Friday. It was officially the farthest I've run since I was in College. It was HARD, but at the end I didn't have that feeling of dread like I've had in the past...like there's absolutely no freaking way that I can ever go any farther than that. This time I thought, "Well, just triple that, add another mile, and I'm good". Then I flipped out a little.
The thought of not being able to do it is just flat out stupid. I would not have said that I would do it if I did not KNOW that somewhere inside myself I am capable of doing this. I just need a little extra kick in the rear every once in a while, and now I'll have it right on front of me...in all caps!

2 comments:

aria said...

you can do it!

aec said...

yikes, doing a half-marathon? i am very impressed and proud of you!!!!!!!!!!! i have taken a class the past 2 weeks called "boot camp" and she made us run the track which i found out later is 1/2 mile.... and i thought it was going to die, so.... 4 MILES IS NOTHING TO SNEEZE AT! good job :)