Sunday, October 18, 2009

Half Marathon Training: Week 4

This week started off with a run in the Hill Country. We were at the lake for the long weekend, and I decided to get up early before we left on Monday and run so that I could have a little change of scenery. Oh.My.Goodness. Up, Up, Up...flat for a second...Up some more...maybe downhill for just a bit...then repeat. It was definitely a change. I thought the hills in my 'hood were bad. It was good for me though! I did another treadmill run because of a crazy week, and have to admit that while I have been good about getting all of my runs in (as long as I've been healthy), I've really slacked off on strength training the last few weeks. I think I just got out of the habit while I was sick off and on, and was out of the gym. No more though, I am going to make myself really focus on it next week. Saturday my sister and I ran the Race for the Cure and had such a good time. I have to say that I was pretty proud of myself because I took a good 3 minutes off of my normal 5K time! It was definitely the atmosphere, and I ran it at about 28:45. Tiff did so great and finished in around 36 minutes. She never stopped and doesn't really run. She had gotten up to running 2 miles over the last few weeks, and I was so proud of her! It was for such a great cause, and I loved being a part of it. I raised a little over $200...so a big, huge THANK YOU to all of my friends and family that donated money. It is much appreciated!! Oh, and we saw Crazy Tracy from The Biggest Loser in the bathroom at Northpark before the race. She had definitely lost a ton of weight, but was yelling at her friends to "go, go, go". She was all decked out in her purple Biggest Loser gear. I wanted to ask her where her pink was ;)

No comments: