Monday, October 12, 2009

Half Marathon Training: Weeks 2 and 3

Quick, condensed update because I'm a little late doing this! Week 2 was just a repeat of week one. My 4 mile run that weekend was pretty pathetic because my foot was bothering me (turns out I have a pulled tendon...lots of icing and stretching, but no biggie) and I was about 8 hours away from puking my brains out. Week 3 was a bust because it took me so long to get over that stupid stomach bug. I didn't run again until Thursday and didn't even finish my 3.5 miles for that day. It was so hot and humid, and I just still wasn't feeling 100%. My 5 mile run this past Saturday was actually pretty nice though. The weather was great, I was finally feeling like myself and my foot didn't really bother me. I was so worried about finishing those 5 miles going into it because the 2 weeks leading up to it were just so bad...but I did it, and it felt really good!! 3 weeks down, 9 more to go :)

No comments: